Mechanical Engineer Internship
Internship period: May 1st – April 30th 2023
Internship location: Start-up yard at COVE, 27 Parker Street, Dartmouth, NS B2Y 4T5
Voltai is an ocean tech startup developing a new type of ultra-high energy density generator that harvests energy from motion to help marine industries reduce their reliance on fossil fuels.
The intern will be part of our mechanical engineering team and aid in the design and development of our generators as well as help with client deployment and adaption of hardware to suit client platforms. The right candidate should be comfortable with CAD software such as Autodesk Fusion 360, and have experience in machining and rapid prototyping techniques such as 3D printing.
We are building up our permanent Voltai team and the internship is likely to result in a permanent position for the right candidate.
- Recent graduate from a Mechanical Engineering program or similar
- Experience from hands on tech related projects through previous internship or studentprojects
- Experience from ocean tech is a plus
- Comfortable with 3D modelling CAD software such as Autodesk Fusion 360
- Experience with CNC machining and 3d printing
- Good English written proficiency and experience in report writing
- Excellent team working skills and able to take initiative
Please note this position is funded by the Clean Foundation Science Horizons program, candidate must be eligible for the Science Horizons program. Please check eligibility requirements here.
If you are interested in this position please contact us and attach your resumé. If you know someone who might be interested in this position, please share! And if you are interested in joining our team but this position is not for you, contact us anyway!